Weight Loss Surgery
Dr. Garth McLeod offers a broad range of weight loss surgery procedures on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Dr. McLeod consults in a number of locations on the Sunshine Coast with surgery at either Noosa Private Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital or Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital.
Comprehensive surgical care, for lasting results
It is important to Dr McLeod that he provide the most comprehensive surgery service possible. He wants to ensure you have every opportunity for lasting health and long term weight loss.
To achieve better results with surgery and reduce complications both during and immediately after your operation, he provides:
- Another experienced bariatric surgeon assisting at every operation
- Anaesthetists and nursing support team experienced in the unique facets of bariatric surgery
- 24-hour access to your surgeon after your operation
Your success is also determined by your level of commitment to a new lifestyle.
Surgery is a lifelong decision, and the journey is easier with lots of great support.
Dr. McLeod and his team are dedicated to supporting your long term health by providing:
- A robust plan for follow-up surgical care
- Care which is integrated with other specialists in diet, psychology, exercise and lifestyle.
- An approach which is down to earth and always welcoming.
See below for more information about surgery you may find helpful
What is weight loss surgery?
Weight loss surgery is also known as bariatric surgery or obesity surgery. It loosely refers to a group of procedures (mostly surgical) for the treatment of obesity and metabolic disease. Weight loss as a result of a bariatric procedure may be attributed to one (or all) of three key areas:
- Volume restriction – reducing the amount of food you can physically consume
- Malabsorption – reducing the amount of food your stomach and intestines can absorb
- Metabolic (hormonal) changes – altering your metabolism so you digest food more efficiently
The precise balance of each effect will differ depending on the procedure you choose.
What are my surgical weight loss options?
There are advantages and disadvantages to each procedure. Every patient is different with their own unique health profile, weight profile, and challenges. That’s why it’s important to have a range of options available to you so that you can find the best one for you.